Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hiccups

Jedd and I had such a great night last night! I have been receiving my weekly pregnancy updates from several different sites, and they all claim that for the past few weeks, I could feel Audrey have hiccups. I just didn't believe it. I didn't know how you would differentiate between movement and hiccups and I guess I just figured it wasn't possible. Then, around 8ish, I felt the hiccups for the first time!! It was a completely different type of feeling than when Audrey moves. The hiccups were coming from right below my belly button--- which would make sense since she is head down in the womb! I was so excited--- definitely a teary eyed moment! She hiccuped continuously for about 2 minutes. Jedd tried to be able to feel them from the outside, but he wasn't able to. It was truly magical!

Then, we decided to watch our favorite pregnancy DVD movie (In the Womb) again. The first time we watched it together when I was around 8 weeks pregnant we were amazed. We started the DVD at week 26, and they recommended that Dads put their head on the Mom's belly to hear the heartbeat of the baby. Jedd wanted to try right away. He was able to hear Audrey's heart through my belly! It was so cute. Then Audrey was kicking like crazy and he said it was such a cool sound from the outside because she was "swishing"--- probably through the fluid. Jedd is now 100% hooked on hearing her heartbeat so I'm sure we'll be doing this everynight!

Such a great night-- and we are so thankful for our blessing!

No comments: