Saturday, October 4, 2008

38.5 weeks pregnant

Well, I am now 38 weeks and 4 days pregnant. 10 DAYS UNTIL AUDREY'S DUE DATE!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe it---- I remember when I was excited when I had 200 days to go, then 100, then 50, now only 10.....

I would like to think my body is preparing well--- I've been having contractions for the last 2 days--- just not anything "timeable" yet. Lots of pressure and contractions-- let's hope I'm progressing!!! I have my 3rd internal on Monday at our 39 week checkup so we shall see. My goal was to make it through work this week and I did that! Every day I stay at work is one more day longer that I get to stay at home with her before going back in early December! I'd like to get it as close to Christmas/New Years break so I only have to return to work for a week or so before that long break!

A little bit about Audrey at 38 weeks:

  • If she is the "average baby," she weights 6.8 pounds and is 19.6 inches long.
  • Have you noticed she hiccups a lot? Because there is no air around her, those breathing exercises cause amniotic fluid to get into her windpipe. The result? Hiccups!
  • Your child's intestines are accumulating lots of meconium. Meconium takes on the role of being your baby's first bowel movement -- removing the waste that has accumulated.
  • She may have a full head of hair now -- an inch or more long! Don't be surprised if it's an unexpected color. Some blond couples have dark haired babies; some dark haired couples have red-haired babies; some couples have babies with only peach fuzz! It may just persuade you to take a closer look at your family tree!
  • Circumference of head and abdomen are about the same size for your baby. No wonder it's so hard to get a t-shirt over a newborn's head!

No comments: