Thursday, October 9, 2008

STILL holding on...39 weeks pregnant

Well, no baby! Bummer! We completely felt like we were given false hope on Monday! I lost my MP and had the whole bloody show and everything on Tuesday morning--- still nothing! I went back to work Wednesday becuase I can't keep sitting around wondering when she'll come. My principal's sister has been a labor and delivery nurse for 40 years so we decided to give her a call and get her thoughts.

She asked me what my stats were--- so I told her I'm now 4cm dilated and 90% effaced. She asked if they told us anything about the baby's position and I told her we were at +1 station. She said, "OH MY!" Then she told us that she actually would have told us by that prognosis that it would have been within 24 hours too. So apparently it's just Audrey being stubborn holding us up! All the odds are in our favor for a delivery anytime! She did tell us though that with being that far progressed already, when my water breaks, I need to get to the hospital ASAP. Scary!

I really enjoy being back at work--- it keeps my mind off thinking about it all of the time! At this point, I'd love for Audrey to make her entrance this weekend. It would be the most convenient time for all of us. Plus it would give me another day of work in tomorrow, so that's good. I promise I'll keep everyone posted with any news!!!! It can't be too far off....

A little about Audrey at 39 weeks:

  • The lanugo has mostly disappeared, but you'll probably find a bit on her shoulders, arms and legs and in those protected little bodily creases. It will vanish completely on its own in time.
  • Her lungs are maturing and surfactant production is increasing and fully prepared to take on the outside world!
  • Your baby doesn't have much room to move and certainly mom agrees! Did you imagine 8 months ago that this wee one would be able to hook a toe in your ribs while elbowing your bladder? She certainly has grown!
  • Her body continues laying on the fat stores that will help regulate her body temperature after birth. In addition to normal fat, she is accumulating a special "brown" fat in the nape of her neck, between her shoulders and around organs. Brown fat cells are important for thermogenesis (generating heat) during her first weeks.
  • Your infant's weight is around 7.25 pounds and length is 19.9 inches.

No comments: