Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I DID IT!!!

Excuse me while I brag for a minute, but I FINALLY fit into all my old pants!!! YAAAAY! I stepped on the scale last night and I'm still about 6 pounds heavier than when I got pregnant, but I'm getting closer....

I have a meeting at work today so I figured I'd go upstairs to try and figure out what to wear. This has NOT been a fun scenario since Audrey was born. Nothing fits and although I'm close to pre-pregnancy weight, it has been miserable trying to look "presentable" without looking "frumpy." I tried on a pair of gray pants I had, and they fit. NO WAY! Then I dared to try on my black pants, they too fit! YES!!! I go back to work in 2 weeks so this is important because I don't feel like spending money on a whole new wardrobe! I am thrilled!!! I know the pants will fit even better when I stop eating junk and lose those last 6 pounds!

Today is also important because it marks 6 weeks since I went into labor. 6 WEEKS?!?! Where has time gone? My little angel is now starting to smile and interact with people and I couldn't be happier! I do hear of an evil "6 week growth spurt" that leaves babies fussy and miserable and I have to say the last two days have sort of reflected that. Audrey has not been a happy camper--- and she's fed, changed, clean, dressed comfortably, etc. Today seems like she is finally getting back to her self (we can only hope). She also seems to be in-between sizes. Her newborns are getting tight and her 0-3 month clothes are swimming on her!!! She looks like a little gangsta when we put them on! Hopefully soon she'll start fitting them better because she has a closet full of awesome clothes to wear!!!

No comments: