Tuesday, September 9, 2008

35 weeks pregnant

I had a very pleasant surprise waiting for me at work today--- my long term sub started!!! She'll be there to shadow me until I leave on maternity leave. My stress level immediately dropped from 100 to about a 5!

Well today is officially week 35! And I officially have only 35 days left.... I kept thinking about holding Audrey all day today. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy she is still "baking" in there, but I just can't wait to hold her and kiss her!! One week from today I will be begging her to come out!!! People at work seemed to think that being 50% effaced already was pretty good--- but I am not getting my hopes up at all! I've seen girls online who have no progress and the next day have their babies. There's just no telling...

A little about Audrey at 35 weeks fetal development:

  • The average baby weighs almost five and a half pounds now.
  • Most babies born now will survive and without many long-term problems.
  • Fat accumulations plumps up the arms and legs this week. These layers of fat will help her regulate her body temperature. They also provide those cute little dimples on elbows and knees!
  • Her hearing is fully developed, so be sure to talk to your daughter. Do you find yourself speaking in a high-pitched tone? That's okay since some studies show babies respond better to higher pitches.
  • It's getting crowded! Your baby is now taking up most of the uterus and you may even feel like your chest has run out of room! Soon enough though, baby will move down and you'll be able to breathe easily again (just not walk so easily! Ha!).
  • Your baby is 18.2 inches long and weighs 5.3 pounds.

No comments: