Saturday, April 11, 2009

1st day= SUCCESS!!

So, as I blogged about before, I'm starting a new job for some extra "fun" money! Today was my 1st day actually working--- although I am DEFINITELY still learning! I am getting paid $7.50/hour and then anything I make in tips is mine to keep and I don't have to claim. Most customers come in for a drink or two, or to golf, or to gamble. Well, since the rain was still coming down this morning I didn't have a huge golf crowd. But there were definitely gamblers!!! I paid out $640 alone in ticket money!!!!

The nice thing about people that gamble (or at least the one's that come into the Legion) is that they tip their bartender WELL after winning. That definitely helped my tips!!! Most money on Saturdays will come from the golf crowd, but clearly that wasn't happening today. I ended up leaving work with $75 in tips. YAAAAAAAAAAY!!! So, figure that on top of $7.50 hourly wage--- I definitely cleared $100 easily on my first day. Not a bad first day at all!!!

I needed a day like this to talk me into doing this. I already made a list of things I'm going to do with my new "fun" money... but it wasn't easy getting up this morning to go in!!! I'm hoping I continue to enjoy it just as much every weekend.

Now I'm just waiting to snuggle my little peanut when she gets home from Grandma Gardner's house!!!!

No comments: