Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Some updates!

So this week has been one of the craziest weeks. On Monday morning, on my way to work, I got a call saying that one of my former students had passed away on Friday. I was devastated. I taught life skills for 2 years, and yes, I fully understood that our students walked a thin line with their health, but it's still one of those things you NEVER want to hear. 13 years old. It's still hard to believe. Especially since I saw her in the hallway on Friday and we had a nice little chat. I'm very thankful for that chat and I'll hold onto that forever.

I got a new (part-time) job!! I'm going to bartend 1-2 nights throughout the week (I'm hoping only 1) and then on the weekends to make some extra money. My paychecks took a HUGE hit by taking off on maternity leave, so I'm happy to make up some of that. Also, I have taught every summer for the IU and since I have grad school now, I'm unable to do that. So this is a perfect way to not waste away all summer! I'm also looking forward to putting away some money to help Jedd finish our basement. The poor guy wants his man cave sooooo desperately!

Audrey is still growing! I swear she gets longer every day! She's still a little congested so we tried putting a pillow underneath the one side of her crib to help her breath better at night. It's been working great!! She's still babbling away and drooling like CRAZY! Her gums are starting to feel like little bones so we're thinking the teeth are on their way! I'm just hoping she handles it pretty well. For now, she's been great--- just chewing and biting on things a lot! She reaches for EVERYTHING now too. So, if something is in her way, she'll grab it. Time to start being careful what's around her!


She is also getting MUCH better with tummy time! I think now that she's strong enough to lift her head for a substantial amount of time, it really interests her. I'm sad to say I think our bouncer has lost it's "appeal factor" for her though. She really wants nothing to do with it. The swing seems to be her favorite thing again and she's getting too big for it! I'm hoping she starts liking the jumperoo soon! It's sitting in our computer room VERY unused.


I am going to be heading down to Ocean City, MD for 2 weekends in a row! I'm going with my family on Thursday evening until Saturday evening (Jedd is staying home) and then we are leaving the next Thursday (the 3 of us and even Charley too) to go down again until Sunday! I'm really looking forward to taking Audrey to the beach for the 1st time and going shopping at the outlets!!!

Hope everyone is having a good week!!! I know how much I'm looking forward to the weekend!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

Okay, so I totally commented under my husbands gmail and not my blog. Don't know how that happened! Anyway, I was just saying that Miss. Audrey is so adorable! Brooke is still only 13 pounds but is sitting up on her own and even got on all fours today. I am terrified. Hope things are going well!

Amber said...

I'm so sorry about your student. So sad to hear of such a young life lost.

Little Audrey is looking so cute! I love the picture with her hands behind her head. Good for her improving her tummy time!