Tuesday, August 5, 2008

30 weeks pregnant

OH MY--- I am 30 weeks pregnant today!!! I can hardly believe it and I have said it 100 times today trying to believe it. I'm excited, overwhelmed, thrilled, nervous..... we only have 10 weeks until we meet our little girl! Jedd and I got a lot more done in Audrey's nursery tonight. We bought a floor lamp and cute little lamp for her and we're waiting for our lampshades to get sent to us (they match her Bubblegum bedding). We also hung the first picture in there--- which tells all about her name. I also got other pictures ready to hang--- we're putting mine, Jedd's, and Audrey's baby pictures in frames on the wall. We still need to find a nice white mirror for in there--- but it's coming along. I also got online tonight at Target to see if I should just order our glider--- but saw it was backordered about 2-6 weeks. AHHHHHHH! I'm going to hold off since we haven't had a shower yet!

I had my 30 week checkup today. It went really well. I explained and asked about the aches and pains I've been having-- all normal. The dr. was a little concerned over a few episodes I had while we were on vacation. My heart just started racing, I had trouble breathing, and it was really hard to relax. He took bloodwork and said if this should happen again I need to go to the ER right away. I'm glad I asked... He measured me and I was right on track for 30 weeks--- he says "the small side of average". Of course I was worried (since Trisomy 18 babies are small) but he said I should be very thankful she's on the small side of average-- that's exactly where I want her for birth too. So that made me feel better! He also said there are no indications of anything with Trisomy 18. YAAAAAY! Audrey's heartbeat today was 157--- steady and strong. Of course, I knew she was strong and growing--- her punches and kicks are starting to become very uncomfortable!

So a little about Audrey in the womb:

  • She is nearly 3 lbs now!!!
  • Her head is getting larger to accomodate a period of rapid brain growth.
  • A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her. As she continues to grow, the amniotic fluid will decrease.
  • She spends time opening and closing her eyelids. Her eyes can move from side to side following a light source. She may even reach out to touch the light.
  • Early lanugo is beginning to disappear. Her own hair may begin to appear.
  • Toenails are entering their final growth stage.
  • Bone marrow is now in charge of red blood cell production.
  • She now has the capability to produce tears--- within the womb!
  • By the end of this week, Audrey will be about 15.7 inches long and weigh 2.91 pounds!

No comments: